RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
Students staying in the hostel would be required to comply with all the rules and regulations listed below:
- HOSTEL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (HMC) & STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE
- The following members constitute the Hostel Management committee (HMC):
- Additional Director (Academics)
- Chief Warden
- Warden- Girls hostel
- Warden- Boys hostel
- Warden- Doctors hostel
- Estate Officer
- Student Activity Co-ordinator(Cultural & Sport )
- Accounts Officer
- Student Representative- 02 from each floor (to be nominated by the warden)
- The student can approach primarily to the Warden or through Chief Warden to the ADA/ Director-Principal for help, guidance and grievances. Representation to higher officers must be forwarded through proper channel.
- ACCOMMODATION & FEE RULES
2.1 The institute maintains three separate hostels within the campus viz.
Girls’ hostel for UG students
Boys’ hostel for UG students
Doctor’s Hostel for female PG and foreign students
- The rooms will be allotted for a maximum period 4 ½ year to UG students & 03 years for PG students. Only in exceptional case it will be extended for those who have yet to clear their examination after permission from competent authority.
- Non refundable Hostel fee has to be paid once a year at the time of admission and within 15 days of the next year. The defaulters can pay the fees along with a fine of Rs. 100/- per day till 15 days from the last date prescribed for the same. In case the hostel fee and other charges along with fine are not paid by the due date, overstay shall be treated as unauthorised occupation of the room and the action deemed fit by HMC in accordance with rules shall be taken. The copy of fee receipt has to be submitted to respective warden of hostel for record purpose.
- The resident shall have to vacate the room within 7 days of the expiry or completion of his/her Academic programme. In case he/she does not vacate the accommodation, notice of the 7 days shall be served and on the expiry of notice period the room shall be broke opened in the presence of three members of HMC. An inventory of the articles of the allottee shall be prepared and warden will take over the charge of such articles of the room to be further submitted to the Central Store of the institute. A penalty of Rs. 100/ per day along with room rent shall be charged for over stay.
- Rent, charges, penalty is subject to revision from time to time. The hosteller will pay the amount as per the latest revisions.
- An allottee of a room shall not sublet his/her room even for a short period to another student either on paid or unpaid basis.
- An allottee of a room should not exchange his/her room with another resident under any circumstances except with the prior written permission of the warden.
- CONDITIONS OF ALLOTMENT
- At the time of admission of a student to the hostel each resident is required to submit a duly completed Hostel allotment request form whereby he/she has to promise to abide by all the rules and regulations for the hostel residents. The telephone no. of the parent with STD code/ Mob. No. must be provided. Local guardian address and phone no. is optional. E- Mail of the parent (if available) should also be provided. Any change of address/ telephone no. of parent/ local guardian, at any point of time, has to be intimated to the hostel office in writing, immediately. Parents/ Guardian have to accompany their ward at the time of admission.
- The Hostel management will generally provide minimum furniture and fittings for each room consisting one each of cot, table, chair, ceiling fan and a tube light fitting. Additional furniture if any will be provided as per availability in the institute.
- Rooms once allotted to the students for an academic year will not be changed except on special situation.
- The chief Warden/Wardens in case of non availability of rooms can allot more than two students per room.
- If the status of any students changes during the period of stay in the hostel, he/she is required to inform the warden immediately and should vacate the hostel if the chief Warden/.Wardens finds that he/she is not eligible for hostel accommodation.
- The students are entitled for accommodation in the hostel as long as they are full time registered students. Accommodation will not be provided to any student whose registration is cancelled. Any student who is removed from the Rolls of institute will automatically cease to be a member of the hostel.
- Before vacating the rooms, the student should fill up the Room vacation slip. The furniture, electrical installations, bedding etc provided at the time of admission should be handed over intact to the authority, before leaving the hostel.
- If a student is allotted a room in the hostel, the charges are payable for one professional year, if he/she vacate the hostel in the middle of the course, the refund of the charges paid by them is not permissible. If they wish to come back to the hostel during the course at a later date, then the full year charges are payable once again for that academic year.
- In case of limited availability allotment will be done as per distance criteria i.e. student residing far will be given preference.
- CODE OF CONDUCT (GENERAL RULES)
- All residents are required to maintain standards of behaviour expected of students of a prestigious institution. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with everyone both inside and outside the campus. Any activity which adversely affects the general disciple of the hostel will be viewed seriously. Prior schedules of visit outside hostel with permission. All residents are required to carry their valid identity cards issued to them by the institute. Identity card can be asked to be shown by the student by any competent authority including security guards at the entry gate of the institute as well as hostel.
- No resident shall remain absent from the hostel during night without written permission of the Warden.
- Every resident has to follow timings for reporting back to the hostel.
For UG Students
Winter (01 Oct. To 30 March) –06.30pm
Summer (01Apr to 30 Sept)—07.30pm
For PG Students
Winter (01 Oct. To 30 March) –8.00pm
Summer (01Apr to 30 Sept)—9.00pm
Gates of Girls hostel will remain locked during 8.00 pm to 5.00 am. Entry of residents during these hours will be regulated through valid out pass/permission of concerned Hostel Warden. Out pass during week days will not normally be given unless there is an emergency. Delay in returning back for any reason whatsoever must be notified to the warden immediately and his/her permission sought.
- Ragging of students is strictly prohibited and punishable under law.
- The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during his/her occupancy of that room. In case of damage to or loss of hostel property the cost will be recovered from the students responsible for such damage or loss, if identified, or from all the students of the hostel, as decided by the warden.
- The rooms, common areas and surroundings should be kept clean and hygienic.
- Writing on doors, walls, furnitures, switch plates etc. in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
- Intoxicants, Liquors, tobacco, explosives, weapons, obscene materials etc. are not allowed to be kept/ stored or use by the student in the room/ hostel premises.
- Students shall not hold any meeting, gathering or organize any collective activity inside/outside the hostel without written permission of the Warden.
- Use of loudspeakers in the hostel is prohibited. However on special occasions it may be done with prior permission of the Director- Principal on recommendation of the Warden/Chief warden.
- Celebrations of parties, playing with dry/wet colours/plain water in the hostel premises as well as in the institute campus is strictly prohibited. However an event may be organised in a specified area inside the campus with prior permission to the Director-Principal on recommendation of the Warden/Chief warden.
- Students should not avail services from unauthorised personnel and only authorised dhobis, barbers and tailors will work in the hostel premises. Members of the mess staff should not be allowed to enter the hostel rooms on any account.
- The residents of the hostel are responsible for the safe keeping of their personal belongings. They are advised to keep under lock (Preferably a branded one) all valuable items such as Laptop, Mobile Phone, etc. and lock the room even when they are out for a short period. The hostel administration will not be responsible in case of any loss or damage to such belongings.
- During the institute timings, the student should invariably be in their classes/library/computer lab except those who are permitted to stay in their respective rooms by the hostel Warden due to sickness or any other reason.
- A student falling sick or feeling symptoms of sickness should report to the hostel Warden. First Aid is available with the Warden.
- USE OF APPLIANCES
- The use of electrical appliances such as immersion heaters, electric stove/ heaters/ electric iron is strictly prohibited. Private cooking in the hostels /student’s room is strictly forbidden. Such appliances if found will be confiscated and a fine will also be imposed.
- Playing music and high volume which may cause inconvenience to other occupants is not allowed.
- Use of personal TV and VCD/ DVD is strictly prohibited.
- While leaving the rooms, lights, fans, water taps etc. should be switched off. Violation should attract suitable penalty and punishment as decided by authorities.
- Installation of Air- conditioner is not allowed, however Air coolers can be installed after due permission from warden.
- VISITORS AND GUESTS
- Usually no guest is permitted to stay in the hostels. However under special circumstances they may be allowed to stay for not more than 48 hours with prior written permission of the Warden.
- Hostel visiting hours for parents/local guardians are 4:00pm to 7:00pm during the week days and 9:00am to 7:00pm during Sundays & holidays. Nobody will be permitted to visit their wards beyond visiting hours.
- Guardians/ Parents/Visitors can meet their ward in the hostel in the visitor’s room only. Nobody is allowed to enter beyond the reception area of the Hostel.
- No male visitor would be allowed inside the Girl’s Hostel & vice versa.
- All visitors to the hostel including the parents/guardians will have to make necessary entries in the visitor’s book available at the hostel entrance with the security guard.
- ATTENDANCE RULE
- All the residents of UG Hostels are supposed to report for the Roll call every day at the notified time i.e. 8:00pm for all the hostels.
- All the students are required to be present physically and record their presence as per the direction of Warden.
- In case of any emergency or illness, the students are required to inform the Warden before the time of attendance.
- A separate identity card for hostellers will be issued.
- LEAVE RULE
- No students shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the Hostel Warden.
- No out-pass will be issued on weekdays (except emergency/week day holidays). Weekend out pass will be provided on Thursday & Friday only.
- Students intending to go home during the working days for attending family/social functions will require permission of the Warden subject to receipt of written request for the same from parents or local guardians.
- No student shall pay home visit to the Warden’s residence except emergency situations. A student shall seek telephonic permission of the Warden for the meeting.
- Hostellers taking leave during vacation period should clearly mention address where they are going, telephone number, dates & other required information in the out-pass.
- DICIPLINARY ACTION
Violation of any of the above rules shall be treated as an act of indiscipline and shall attract disciplinary action. Probable Disciplinary actions:
- Monitory fine
First instance – Minimum 2000 rupees, Second instance – Minimum 5000 rupees
- Suspension from hostel – for fixed period
- Expulsion from hostel – time bound/Permanent
- Disciplinary action by informing the police
- Any other action as deemed fit by Hostel Management Committee.
- Dr. Monika -Warden Girls Hostel
- Dr. Arun Kumar – Warden Boys Hostel
- Dr. Pallavi Singh- Warden Doctors Hostel
- Prof. (Dr.) Arun Gupta-Chief Warden